Annie Nicholas writes paranormal and science fiction romance. Read about her hot vampire thrillers, werewolf romantic stories, alpha shifter and sexy alien romance.
Hello Beautiful People! Long time, no see. I haven't used this blog in almost two years. Can you believe that? There was a t...
Monday, July 10, 2017
(July 16th, 2017 on HBO, for those wondering.)
I've been a fan since day one. We were in hotel in Florida on vacation. We didn't have HBO at home so hubby and I curled up to watch whatever was on.
Hubby is not a fan of fantasy. He went to change it. I beat him to the remote and threatened bodily harm. At that time, it was so rare for me to find a television show to connect with. This was pre-Netflix addiction. ;)
Here is a Beginner's Guide narrated by Samuel L. Jackson.
Here's a trailer for season 7.
Monday, June 26, 2017
Start your Monday right...
Monday, June 19, 2017
It's no secret I love to watch television.
I'm President Pajama Pants of Netflix Nation. Well, not just Netflix. I can't forget Prime or HBO, but you get my point. I watch while I'm cooking, cleaning, doing the flipping laundry, etc. So, I get in my hours and I'm a true binge addict.
I stumbled upon 13 Reasons Why, a Netflix exclusive show, and can't remember exactly what made me click on the show. It probably had to do with Facebook posts, I'm sure.
Follows teenager Clay Jensen, in his quest to uncover the story behind his classmate and crush, Hannah, and her decision to end her life.
I thought, eh, it will be another teen drama thing.
It was so much more.
To begin, I don't read YA or watch YA shows. Just not my thing. But I do have two teens. So, I clicked play.
Here are the 13 reasons why I loved this show. Not in order.
Some small spoilers, no huge reveals.
- It's an underdog story. Both main characters are not the popular kids in schools. (The focus of all my books are underdogs.)
- The hero, Clay, represents the population of high school boys who don't excel in sports, are academically inclined, and not from incredibly rich family.
- The heroine, Hannah, is not perfect. I don't like perfect characters, because let's face it, no one is. I cared for her more because of her flaws.
- The story spanned all social facets of high school from nerds to jocks to outcasts.
- Hannah used audio tapes to record her message. Old tech made new.
- It taught me that little things hurt.
- It opened conversations in our family about the hard things. Those awkward topics like bullying, betrayal, and death.
- The director and writer really did a good job at getting an emotional reaction and keeping me on the edge of my seat.
- It helped me recall what it was like to be a teen.
- Each episode focused on a certain emotional element instead of bombarding the audience.
- Brought forward drug use in conversation with teens.
- Date Rape
- and Suicide.
Monday, June 12, 2017
Instafreebie is an ebook service that gives readers the opportunity to try new authors at no risk.
It's a place to make a connection. To explore and discover new stories, series, and worlds.
- Go to the Instafreebie website. http://www.instafreebie.com
- Once you find a book you want to try, enter your details to start the claim process. (Name, email address, type of ebook file you want.)
- They will email the ebook to you.
- Then you can read it for free on your computer, download it to your ereader, or forward it to your kindle.
Monday, June 5, 2017
Hello Beautiful People!
Long time, no see. I haven't used this blog in almost two years. Can you believe that?
Is this your first time here?
Welcome. I'm an author. I like to write about things that bite. Vampires, Shifters, Aliens... Also I'm an addict to binge watching TV shows, plotter, and avid reader. You interested in reading something I wrote? I offer a FREE BOOK HERE.
What will this blog be about?
I know what it won't be. An endless list of released books. That's so boring. This will be place a place where we can chat about whatever pops in my head or you can send me suggestions. It will be for readers, aspiring writers, published authors, Netflix enthusiast, Trekkies, Whovians, Muggles, and Dragons.
See the Contact Me in the side bar? It works like an email. Drop me a line. I love hearing from you.
My grammar and spelling suck ass. I won't be hiring an editor for these blogs so suffer along with me. :)
Friday, February 10, 2017
February 10th through to February 14th, Valentine's Day, we have some awesome love gifts for readers!
A group of authors decided to get together and puttheir books on sale for 99 cents for YOU for Valentine's Day!
And, cause everyone deserves bit o' extra love, one lucky giveaway entrant will win a Kindle Fire + $25 Amazon Gift Card to get them started!
So, ladies and gents, click the link below to be swept off to the hidden, deliciously sweet destination filled with all the happily-ever-afters your heart desires, and where our giveaway is just waiting for you to grab hold and enter!
Special Thanks To All The Contributing Authors
Tania F Walsh
Author Shelique Lize
Michelle Hercules Soars
A K Michaels
Candice Phillips Gilmer
Sarah j. Stone
Jessica E. Subject
Lindy S. Hudis
Jade C. Jamison
Margo Bond Collins
Michele E. Gwynn
You can also enter the giveaway below!